Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blog 5: "Historical and Personal Illusions


     Growing up, my oldest sister, Roslyn, always made promises to my 5 other siblings and me as well about a lot of things. They would mostly be about going somewhere or doing something. She would say to us, “Guys we’re going to take a trip to Six Flags for some fun,” but as soon as the day arrives we never go. She’d always give an excuse like we took too long to get ready or I have work or something. I do recall going places with her but half of the time she’ll tell me something different as if something came up.

I’ll be honest, for a long period of time I believed her almost every time she’d say we’re going somewhere or doing something whether it’s just us together or as a whole family. Why? She’s my oldest sister and because they’re supposed to protect you, I would simply think, “Well why would she lie to me?” I believed her for so long until the point where I knew that we weren’t going to do something but I still had in mind that we were. For instance, she told me last week Saturday that we were going shopping. Today is Thursday and we still didn’t go anywhere. I’m not in any type of rush but because she promised that we were going, I continuously ask her just to laugh at her response.
I actually don’t know nor remember when and why I stopped believing her but I know now that I don’t believe everything that she says. Although, there is one belief I have of her. She said that the whole family was supposed to go get tattoos due to my mother’s death since the beginning of February and I still believe her until this day. I don’t know why I believe her word now but I do. Her breaking promises and telling me so any false truths made me look at people in a different way now. I don’t always believe everything someone tells me. In the back of my mind, no matter what someone tells me unless I know the whole truth, there will always be some doubt whether if I should believe them or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment