Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blog 10: CATW Practice 3


     In the passage, “How Your Birth Order Influences Your Life Adjustment,” the author, Lucille Forer, is stating the many ways how your birth order can effect your life and view on other things in life. The oldest child, who is looked at as the responsible one by others and himself as well, thinks to be able to handle situations more capable than the siblings underneath him. As for the middle child, who thinks of himself to be just as capable as the oldest because he has younger siblings also. The youngest child, who is always looked at as the “baby,” thinks life comes easier to him because he feels he has others to do everything for him. Although, he may be the only child, he looks at life a bit different. He needs to be able to care for himself but also looks to his parents for any kind of help. I agree with Forer’s statement, “Parents usually expect their oldest child to be more capable and more responsible than the younger siblings.”

     Being that I am the second youngest amongst 5 other siblings, I still look to my older siblings for any kind of help. I still get looked at as the “baby” due to me being the youngest girl in the family. I feel that I have to be responsible of things to set a good example for my little brother, but at the same time I look at life as if I still need someone to take care of me because of my birth order.

     My cousin Diamond is the oldest amongst her two younger siblings. Her parents look forward to her to be responsible and set good examples for both her little sister and brother. Her little sister Jada, who is the middle child, looks at herself as if she is in the same place as Diamond because of her little brother.

     Being the only child seems to be tough because you have no other siblings to turn to but your parents. I’ve seen in plenty movies where the only child is usually very strong willed and independent.

3 comments:

  1. This essay doen't offering a good summary of the article because it does not state the all ideas from the article, and give too much details in the summary. The thesis you stand for is not the one of the main idea in the article. Each body paragragh is too short. There's only level 1 and 2 in the paragraph, and no specific examples or evidences. It's a nice essay structure with one introduction paragragh, 2 body paragraghs, and a conclusion, but you should develop it more in body paragraghs. Your thesis doesn't support well by missing the specific evidences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The essay is one introductory paragraph and 2 body paragraphs. I think there is no conclusuion in the essay. she does not know what main ideas are, she agrees with one of supporting details, the summary is not enough, she missed one main idea in summary, she gave personal example, she did not give any example from movies, books, or any media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You guys, there wasn't a conclusion because i didnt get to finish.

    ReplyDelete